Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and update Company's Competency and Development Program as required to ensure that strategic goals & requirements are being met.
- Ensure effective implementation and rollout of all Company's HSE Competency Requirements.
- Assist HSE nationals in developing suitable KPI’s and improvement plans and conduct regular reviews to ensure that agreed KPI’s/plans are on target.
- Conduct periodic competency assessments on HSE National Team as per agreed schedule confirming progress of the individuals against the plan and signing off that competencies have been achieved and demonstrated.
- Ensure effectiveness of Competency Assessment process to assure both Management and HSE Nationals that findings are robust and will add value to annual performance appraisal and promotion discussions.
- As Control of Work Champion will work with the Permit to Work Co-ordinators, Comapny and contractor Performing Authorities and Area Authorities to ensure quality risk assessment are completed as part of the permit to work process and that controls to manage hazards in-site are effectively implemented.
- Responsible with the BU HSE Manager and the Field HSE Manager for the building of a national HSE team capability with recognised competence levels according to the HSE Competence Framework of the Company.
- Provide input into Field HSE Training Matrix and HSE Training requirements for Non-HSE Personnel.
- Develop and deliver training materials related to HSE team competency and wider organisational capability related to risk assessment in support of control of work.
- Ensure that the HSE succession plans for the key HSE roles in the Field are delivered in accordance with the agreed timescales by providing on the job mentoring and professional advice to all HSE nationals.
- Conduct formal and informal coaching and training sessions for National HSE Team members and provide constructive feedback on their development and performance.
- Promote understanding of International HSE Best Practices and its application in the Company's Kurdistan Operations.
- Coach and mentor key roles within the Control of Work system, such as the Permit to Work Co-ordinators, Company and contractor Performing Authorities and Area Authorities to ensure quality risk assessment are completed as part of the permit to work process and that controls to manage hazards in-site are effectively implemented.
- Assess National Field HSE Team Training and Development needs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of both internal and external HSE training providers and programs.
- Develop and deliver HSE training courses as required including risk assessment associated with Control of Work.
- Act as the Champion and ensure effective implementation and communication of the HSE Team Development Program.
- Clear communication to both Management and Individuals regarding Competency Assessment outcomes and improvements required to achieve desired objectives.
- Collaborative style and approach required along with strong Interpersonal, Managerial, Written and Speaking Skills.
- Provision of Technical HSE support to BU and Field HSE Teams as required.
- Act as Field-based focal point and resource on key HSE topics including but not limited to Risk Assessment, incident investigation & reporting, Emergency Response, Contractor HSE Management, Operations Safety and Process/Technical Safety and Control of Work.
- 15 years HSE experience with at least 5 years spent in a HSE Managerial/Senior Supervisor role preferred.
- Relevant engineering/science degree and/or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- Experience working in the Middle East in similar oil & gas operations.
- Passionate safety professional dedicated to helping HSE Nationals develop their full potential and move Company towards Industry Best Practice.
- A HSE coach and mentor by nature and team player by example.
- Excellent verbal and written commination skills with experience in delivering HSE training preferred.
- Self-Starter - delivers agreed objectives without being prompted.
- An understanding and respect for Kurdish Nationals and local culture.
Rotational Role 28/28.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.